Monday 23 February 2015

Imagery Research For Characters and Narrative

I want to look at a series of creatures to study and draw them lots in my sketchbook to create a character of them.

European Starling



I love this description from National Geographic:

"Identification Stocky and short tailed, often seen strutting about lawns and parking lots. Flight profile distinctive: buzzy in sustained flight, wings look triangular in more leisurely flight. In flight..."


They are quite magnificent and breathtaking little birds. I love the idea of using this powerful imagery of all the starlings flying together as a part of a narrative, I think it could have potential to be quite striking.


Blue Footed Boobies


These are wonderful humorous and playful birds.


The Balckbird


No comments:

Post a Comment