Monday 16 November 2015

The Folio Society

War Horse

In doing some research for war horse I looked up the folio society, to scope out their general aesthetics for their work.



Their aesthetic:

  • Classy
  • Refined
  • Minimal use of colours
  • classic
  • old type print and text.
  • intricate
  • calm.

The front covers tend to be on fabric, and are beautifully simple.

My tutor was also explaining to me how most of them are embossed/printed in a special way.

I need to consider my aesthetic and what fits in with their tone of voice when creating my war horse brief.

This one is a personal favourite of mine:

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/SUS/over-sea-under-stone



The simplified but bright colours are beautiful, and the simplistic shape of the characters gives it a wonderfully lovely feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment