Monday 27 October 2014

First Dragon Frame Animation

We have had a few inductions and workshops about the Dragon frame software. Its quite different to things that I have worked with before, but after the key areas that we are to use were gone over with us and pointed out I feel like I have the hang of it a bit more now. 

We made some cut shape motifs that could be used to be moved about and make a little image sequence, for our practice with this way of working.

Here is my finished animation:



I have processed it a bit through after effects, where I stretched it out a bit and added some background textures to try and give it more of a stormy feel. Now that I have had an extra Dragon-frame lesson in how to edit the colours, levels, hues and saturations of a piece of animation I would want to play about with these to make the hills look more of a green/obvious hill colour. Its a shame that animations are quite complicated to convert to video format, because it is unlike a simple photoshop image where you can come back to it make minor adjustments, and tweak things very simply. 

Pros:

  • Successful textures
  • Fun and interesting imagery
  • shows concept relatively well
  • Relatively clean production, for a first time it doesn't have too many blips and really shoddy production (well that my untrained eye can see).

No comments:

Post a Comment