Monday 20 October 2014

Etching Uncertainty

I've always been on the fence for choosing between etching and screen print with this brief, and particularly today after seeing so many beautiful screen prints at Colours May Vary, I'm wondering if I could make some more exciting work with screen print.

For example look at these beautiful restored screen prints.


I thought I'd do some more research I to etching and what sort of results I might be able to achieve and then decide.

I had a look at this book in the library on Colour etching by Nigel Oxley:





These images really appeal to me, and to be able to make something along these lines would be incredible, I don't really know if some of these process might be a bit too complicated for what I need to achieve, but it's always worth asking, I hope this is possible for me.

Here's a second book on Etching by Colin Gale:


I love this mix of mono printing and etching, I remember learning about how to create some of those textures in mono printing with talcum power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment