Thursday 9 October 2014

Peer Review Session

Comments from my peer review session on my current motifs:



My motifs are not as strong as might be best perhaps, but in general feedback told me that my symbolism was pretty good. 

To summarise, the themes/motifs that I focused on for these line drawing tasks were:

 - Running away
- Wizard Hats
- Long Beards
- Lots of Limbs

These were to highlight the fantasy and magical nature of Terry Pratchett's Disc World books, and what goes on in a lot of the plot lines. These particular motifs to me also come across as being quite humorous, which is one of the biggest factors in these books. 

Need to work on:

  • My use of space, most of my motifs I have just drawn floating in the centre. It might be early days but thats no excuse for poor composition! lol. 
  • Start playing with scale to perhaps further my slight undercurrent theme of humour.
  • Mix up and combine more of my images and drawing.
  • I would like to find better motifs to represent my author, or find a way to portray some of the wittier observations and small mocking swipes at society, as Terry Pratchett's wit is one of my favourite things about his writings, I'd like to make a bigger deal of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment