Wednesday 3 December 2014

Dragon Frame Animating

First attempt at dragon frame animating:

  • A2 is too big, A3 fits well.
  • tracing paper is very obvious over the top unless it covers the whole image, but even then it makes my image look more faded.
  • To make my animation move around the page will be harder, so more planning is involved with regards to the inclusion of hand drawn frame by frame animation.
  • It will be much more simple to work more to roughly an A4 size, as this way I can then go away and add lots of drawn frame by frame animations to my continuous dragon frame file. 

I shall have to gauge my process for the future on the results of how I can improve this test with after effects. This could help to solve a lot of problems, such as hiding the use of tracing paper by editing the levels etc, and perhaps adding some moving or just general background textures.

there was some nice movement going on with the adding of my gestural brush strokes. (Which guttingly didn't all save!!) But either way it makes me happy with the media choice of ink with brush and nib.

How to save an aftereffects file as a quicktime movie

The Results:




I'm not quite sure how, but the end bit of my dragon frame didn't seem to save, so it hasn't got all the additional length and movement of the robe which I quite liked. 

It's adds quite a lot of effect by working with ink from a pot because you see the change in its colour and its texture as it dries on the page, over all it gives off a sense of more movement to my animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment