Sunday 27 October 2013

Sketchbooking and Drawing for Drawing

Some of my initial sketchbook work, inspired from listening to this presentation:

I experiment with a whole range of things, a lot of it is influenced by what materials I have to hand, but if I am drawing from reference I take more consideration over what media I think it will be the most successful in. I suppose in the future it would be much better to see me simply tackle the same image but testing out different approaches to creating it. 



I liked the softer more opaque feel that pencil and coloured pencil can afford, it makes this sketch of a photograph of my sisters feel more like the memory that it is. It still appears quite unfinished though.


Playful with acrylic and scraps of paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment