Friday 25 April 2014

Stamps

Early Thumbs and Ideas for Stamps:


Above are some very rough early ideas for my stamps, I was contemplating about using them to portray little symbols and icons of her life, and this way I think that I would even be able to include the Circular Economy aspects of her life, which I was struggling to before. However with these I cannot see them perfectly working as a set together, so I think they would be less successful and more complicated to create and to pull off.


This was me deciding which aspects of her character I really feel are most accurately her, and sum her up. I chose:

  • Dame Ellen
  • Business Woman Ellen
  • Classic Sunglasses and Tshirt Ellen.
  • And of course Sailing Ellen


Sketchbook practice and developmental drawings for stamps portraits:







I actually used this scan of paper quite a lot as a texture when I was making the stamps on Photoshop. 

Visual Devices

Below are two painted ink layers that I have edited and processed through photoshop so that they look like a deconstructed planet earth basically! I have already used them in my A2 poster, and here I am using them again to add to the stamps, partly a reflection of her and a reminder of her fame bringing sailing, global circumnavigation feat, and partly to tie the aesthetics of all the different components of this brief together a bit more, so that all of my final outcomes will work as a set.




Border Control


I felt that these stamps needed a bit of a border, or something to fill the negative space and tie them together. I prefer the first one but it is quite unclear, so perhaps needs to be bolder to actually be effective.



Perhaps she needs to be made bigger still to become more clear, and to make better use of the somewhat awkward negative space at the top and bottom of the image.




No comments:

Post a Comment