Tuesday 22 April 2014

Visual Language - Shape



I like these two cacti, they are built up entirely of shape, but they have a sense of texture to them due to the brush I chose. They feel more like how I choose to draw. They are a bit too basic and could be so much better, but these helped me to get the fee for drawing/painting in this way.





I know that bad workmen blame their tools, but I do feel like in this instance the small A5 portrait book is inhibiting my drawings a little, but I think they are managing to prevail just a little bit.

Pros:

-Fluid and expressive feel to image

Cons:

-Drawings have a half finished feel to them
-They could do with a little more definition, they aren't overly exciting.





These two birds were really fun to paint, using acrylic and a slightly wider brush I applied it quite loosely to achieve this softer and more feather like effect which I am quite please with. The form could do with a lot of improving as proportionately they are quite weak. Although I have tired to make more of a composition out of it by including the branches, the incomplete looking pencil lets it down, and anyway its not terribly balanced.



Some of the shapes in this booby head are so small that arguably they look more like lines, and so as an image using purely shape it fails a bit. I do however like the movement above the birds eye.




Not sure how the image below has made it onto this post, as it is very definitely not a shape image, its a small sketch of a mans shirt collar on spotted on a train, fabric is always such a nice thing to draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment