Tuesday 22 April 2014

Visual Language play

Shape




Creating shapes using masking fluid and ink:





I had some fun playing with shape and different marks to create fabric, and how this might be used to make drawings interesting and to stand out more.

Christmas Horses:







A horse I drew over Christmas, I tried to mostly use shape to create its form. That has not been entirely successful in that sense, as really its a bit too busy with all the different brushstrokes, but I still like it, especially the way way I have just about managed to to use tone to make the proportions/angles of the legs look clear enough, which is something that I find to be not as simple to achieve always.

Cat





To stray away from my Visual Language Galapagos theme a bit, I had a go at drawing what I like to image Darwin's cat might have looked like. I feel that the top one is more successful and a more interesting image than the second one because: 

-simplicity
-some nice gestural marks
-simplicity of colour and lack of too many little marks makes it much more clear and enjoyable to see.
- I find the strange cut off angles that the brushstrokes have made amusing, and they sort of give the image some almost charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment