Wednesday 21 January 2015

Final Outcomes for Printed Pictures

Set One:





Set Two: 





Set Three:




Presentation:

I am presenting my final designs in the form of a booklet, with quotations in tracing paper over each etching that describes some of the key themes of the book, over all the etchings and the quotations communicate the essence of the book. 

I would like to include one extra print of the witches hat as a sort of title Ilustration, as this motif is one that simply and best gets accross the essence of what this tale is about.


I want to use this print as it contains all of the colours that the rest of the etchings contain, which i feel helps to sum them all up and stand for the three sets as a whole and more totally. 



I chose tracing paper/this quite special type of newsprint paper to interweave with the quotations, as the delicate, translucent and textured nature of it brings out the best of my prints. It is unobtrusive to my designs, simply adding to the over delicate and very hand crafted sense that they give off. For this reason also I decided not to trim down my etchings, as currently as this little booklet it has quite a nice feel to it, and by slicing all the edges off I would lose this handcrafted feel. (Or perhaps it might not, but I'm fond of it the way it is, and would be sad to ruin it all now. - For next time I shall do some trimming and cropping tests to gauge.)

I am presenting them in this book format as this is what I originally proposed, that these etching be suitable for a limited edition copy of the book!

Overall the drawing quality isn't as good as I would like or believe that I could get, but in the time that I have spent on it I am very happy with the development and evolution of my printing journey as a whole, and think that this set of prints has come together well for me, as a personal achievement, as usually my final resolutions are some sort of compromise and are not well resolved at all. So although these are not as good as I would like them to be, they are something that I am a little bit proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment