Thursday 8 January 2015

Image making for animation, and some successful image making from my visual journal:

Image making for animation, and some successful image making from my visual journal:

VISUAL JOURNAL

Witches







A cotton bud!

I happened across this as a tool to ink with quite by accident this morning. To avoid getting my hair wet in the shower I used one to pin my plait into a coil, and forgot to take it down again until I was in the studios, so thus I put the cotton bud into my drawing box, and the rest is history (well, as it were).

Using it and quink ink is what created this nice more half tone texture which in this picture is defining the witches clothing. The absorbent nature of it leaves this paler shade of the black ink which allows the gestures of the brushstrokes to be visible - giving the little drawing a much more interesting sense of movement.


Librarian



  • Really good ink textures.
  • Movement in these stills.
  • The ink textures turned these fairly bad drawings into one's that are relatively successful.
  • The jerky line quality adds to the sense of movement also.
  • The pair of hands on their own are my favourite, they just have a nice balance of gestural brushstroke movement and boldness, but also sensitive movement and detail with the fine nib and ink line work of the hands.

ANIMATION


Witches

A thought towards getting this to move for my animation, is that if by using the frame by frame drawn animation technique, and a light box I could make this image change a little, then use after effects to play these few frames on loop!

No comments:

Post a Comment