Thursday 8 January 2015

Format of Etching Plates

 DECISIONS



This was my original chosen format, but its quite large and very square, and it is much more difficult to occupy a whole square with a composition.


This is the format that I have been doing my latest tests too. This is because my test pieces of copper plate were created from an adapted copped pipe, which is only 82 mm wide when rolled out. When printed though I like this format, it's slightly closer to an A format which makes it look more harmonious/acceptable on A format paper, and it also makes it more plausible as a format that would exist in a book as a book illustration (which is where these pieces are loosely aimed).

I will try and get some feedback from my tutors and peers and allow that to help influence my decision on format size for my final prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment