Thursday 8 January 2015

Interesting magical surface etching plate patterns

The copper plates that I am using for my animations are quite unique, they were failed attempts at photo etching, so they had some interesting patterns and textures ingrained onto them. This was a very promising prospect to me, as I want my animations to have some interesting textures on them, to make the simple line drawings much more interesting, and the set as a whole more unique. 

I decided to do some regular prints from the plates straight up before I cut them down to see what effect or textures I might be able to gain. It was also a nice opportunity for me to have an experiment with some other etching ink colours!

The texture from the plate didn't print so well, but The print from the ink and the technique that I used to remove and apply the ink left this pleasant texture which will be useful to me as I progress with this project.








No comments:

Post a Comment