Tuesday 25 February 2014

Etching Workshop

Copperplate Etching

Line of sight.

Using the three figure images that we had composed during our Visual Language sessions we got to have a general introduction and practical first attempt at this process.




  • This is a process that I actually really loved, and although I didn't quite make the most of it with regards to producing the greatest image possible 
  • Image is not really in keeping with my topic
  • Had a relapse and left my image just sort of floating and unfinished, 
  • Not nearly enough consideration to frame, or what else I might include in my image to aid this, such as the setting. 
I am pleased with my decision to use burnt umber coloured ink, clack is so flattening and I find it rarely makes my images look very successful, I like a little bit of warmth/tone/ depth in my work, that I feel that black completely achieve. 

I would like to go back and learn more about this process and the different things that I can do with it/use it to create images, such as using 'Aquatint'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment