Wednesday 12 February 2014

Visual Language


Displaying club knobhs 6.jpegDisplaying club knobhs 7.jpeg

Norse






















This started out as just some quick playful strokes onto little scraps of tracing paper. I really liked the expressive, natural sort of lines. Although its not perfectly proportioned, accurate or equal etc. I find its gestural simplicity works and through not trying to achieve a perfect copy of a horse, its mistakes and expression I think makes it more successful than a failed attempt at a perfect accurate study. This drawing does however lack quite the amount of distinction and clarity. Perhaps more degrees of depth to the darkness/solidity of the line work would help this? The colours are all wrong too, but this is an approach to image making that I think I would like to use more of. Its an approach I adopted right at the very start of the year in induction week, inspired a little by the works of. WHO? 

No comments:

Post a Comment