Thursday 15 October 2015

The Face of Grime

Today I've been working on some ink portrait of Stormzy in practice for The Travelling man show.
I collated together some imagery together:

Here are the drawings:



Pros:
  • Nice definition with use of fine detail in dark ink.
  • Expressive with loose and jagged ink washes below.
Cons:
  • They don't look anything like him.
  • This is a little bit to do with an un optimal working set up, I was drawing from a piece of paper flat on the table above my sketchbook which was giving me elongated perspectives. This combined with my already so so ability to creative facial likenesses left for a very far off portrait.
  • If this type of image will be for screen print I will have to use solid blocks of colour, so I need to start considering that into my practice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment