Thursday 10 March 2016

Image Creation - Testing Composition

Early Composition Development:




I muted the colours of the stable structure and that definitely helped. 


I have added the horses backend but I am still undecided wether or not to include it as I like the simplicity of the head and neck.







This is my first of the three illustrations that will exist within the book,
h





Further Image Development

  • Felt images were floating, but at the same time didn't want to overcrowd with wonky backgrounds as the characters are more powerful when left simple. 
  • Included a texture that helped to unite them, worked on fading this so that it did not stand out too much and settled more into the background, so that it could add to the overall sense of atmosphere. 
  • Decided to keep horses simple, just showing the parts of them that mattered and need communicating. 
  • I am still unhappy that some seem to sort of float, but I can't spend forever on this brief and I felt that adding in more background did not lend itself to the aesthetic. 



J

Finalising Designs for the cover:

I printed it out a few times to see what it looked like and then decided to simplify it and take out the additional wire and tree stumps from the front cover. I tried adding a similar texture to keep them connected to the illustrations inside the book. I found this helped and it also united the front cover to the back cover. 





I cannot decide between the galloping horse and the horse and figure for which one works better on the front cover. on screen I felt that it was the more simple standing image that worked the best , but when I printed them both out I felt that the galloping horse was a better looking picture and perhaps more emotionally striking. The figure I fell is more relevant to the content of the book, it encapsulates the main theme of one boy and his powerful bond with his horse, it also communicates the strong themes of friendship and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment