Friday 11 March 2016

War Horse Book Marks

I decided to make a spinoff range of bookmarks to go with my War Horse brief, as this is a medium which is very appropriate to books. I decided to use the imagery that I used for the creation of my final pieces, so that it could be used as a further promotional campaign for Folio Society.




I did some research into what promotional publishing bookmarks might look like. I found that many of them use the same imagery as the original book cover, but also that they can be very text heavy. 

From my prior research into the folio society and going along the guidelines of the brief I know that they do not require their cover designs to be very text heavy, so I will keep mine this way also.


Here is my development and testing of different compositions:
Here is my finalised finished book mark designs:


I think there is scope for these designs to be improved further, the colours could be made more engaging and I don't think that I managed to completely capitalise on the composition. However I do think I am headed on the right track by taking out the base drawing elements of the original designs for the book. The simply draw horse and figure has big potential to be striking and engaging to a wider readership. It is not exclusively children aimed illustration, but more aiming for simplicity, emotional engagement which I hope can be appealing to readers of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment