Monday 7 March 2016

Secret 7 - Final Designs

 Here are my 7 final designs, you can see them mocked up onto the record sleeve as they are designed for. I also found that this imagery worked on a range of different products.

Gift Cards:




Below are the final designs that I submitted, it wasn't until I had them all together like this that I realised just how many of them had a white background. This is not ideal, and made me think that if I were to try and improve them or do this again I would work harder to test out and try different backgrounds and compositions that encourage colour and texture into all of the space.
This came about because will all of them I was so concept driven, I got too tangled up in having well thought out concepts in the imagery. The oner reason for the poorly composed images is that it is still something I struggle with, I'm not sure where to begin and when I do use it I don't like it, or it's flat and to me doesn't seem to add anything. I think however that I can identify after doing this, that I should source secondary opinions from others who do have a good eye and mind for this.The text explains the concept behind each piece


1 Dream 3 Max Richter
The whale embodies the calm, steady nature of the music; the rhythm is like that of a large whale steadily yet powerfully travelling onwards


2. Chvches - Clearest Blue
The imagery encapsulates the tail chasing, push & pull nature of the track highlighted in verse 3. The colours reflect the music's vibrancy.


3. Jack Garrat - Worry
This aims to convey the fraught, brittle nature of worrying. The translucent skeleton shows the tenderness of baring worries.




4. The Less I know the better
Back to back horses, not looking but they can't resist so they chase hypnotically in a fluid dance like way. (Themes: Evading, wanting.)


5. Imagine - John Lennon
Two horse's mournfully and tenderly reach out to each other, just as the song reaches out to us to consider a world of equality and peace.

 



6. Dream 3
The images aims to look like the music sounds. The horse gallops in a steady powerful rhythm, the sky peacefully rolls out behind.



7. John Lennon - Imagine
John Lennon describes a world which has no differentiation, all can be equal. The altered colours aim to inspire imagining such difference.






No comments:

Post a Comment