Monday 13 January 2014

Development of Final Images for Print

Taking Some of my Initial artwork of the collections to photoshop and editing them into images that give me an indicator of what my final images for print could look like, and what changes and further development is required. I printed out a sheet of some of them to present at crits, but they turned out a lot darker on paper looking a lot darker, messier and more clumsy that they do on the screen. 

Bottle Tops:




Marbles:



Train Tickets:


This image is only a single ticket, whereas what I am supposed to be conveying is a whole lot of them as a collection. This singular image rather defeats the whole point of the book.




 Leaves:

This image, although it has come out relatively successful with the vibrant colours and textures, and the effect and shape that the masking tape has looks quite good as leaves, I'm not entirely sure that it fits in with collections, its just a nice drawing of the a little stem of leaves at the moment. It could be useful later though. It would work if it was with a gathering of other such items. 


Feathers:





I merged these biro drawings and ink onto tracing paper of the block colour on photoshop, fiddling with the levels which eventually left me with this image. I'm quite pleased with it as an image, the scans came together well, but again its only a single item and and this image doesn't match or go with the other images appearance or perhaps 'tone of voice' Its not got the masking tape texture that I've so far been working with. So I used a scan with some masking tape and added it as a texture, which although may not have been entirely successful in making it match the other images better, I think it has improved the image as a whole considerably, it feels a lot more dynamic now. 





Today I also started trying to show them as a collection, and so I've turned it vertical (some editing is still required in the background) so that I could potentially place it along side a laid out line (collection) of some feathers. I was going to add a little strip of masking tape to the drawing to end bit of the feather, as if it might be stuck down in a collectors book) but that proved to challenging for my still very much developing photoshop skills, so thats a job for another day. (Probably tomorrow.)







No comments:

Post a Comment