Tuesday 11 November 2014

Screen Printing!

My first attempt at screen printing

 I went for a two colour screen print. For the colour layer, mainly due to indecision but also as this was just a little collection of practice images which meant that I had total freedom over what colours I could have it. I decided to experiment with a selection of colours and make some unique and one off 'mad blends'.


Points to remember for the future:

  • Although it was easy enough to align my second colour with the coda-trace layer, in the future I should definitely remember to use registration marks.
  • I had to move about and change the way I fixed the screen onto the bed as this could make a huge difference to the quality of my print. (They are remarkably adjustable!)
  • Ink can go along way, but to flood it well would always mean a better, cleaner quality print. 
  • For making colours, consider which direction you want your blends to go, where will this make your eyes travel across the image?
  • For best results on blends, blob some ink on before you flood the ink back, as this is where the colour for your next print comes from.
  • Wear short sleeves and an apron!
  • Have a pencil handy and keep your hands and everything as clean as possible.  



No comments:

Post a Comment