Tuesday 25 November 2014

Sound Study Task


Here (above) is a link to a page which uses animation and simple sounds. These sounds help to enhance and accent the animation. With regards to this one it helps to communicate what is going on, the noise is a literal one - i.e. a monster roaring. There are several things going on at once on this page, so the specific sound alerts you to the main area of action/focus. 


Above is another piece of animation, that uses sound in a way that really accents and enhances the experience of viewing it.

My Own Moving Images


I'm not quite sure how to go about adding sounds to my own animations, so I had a brief disscussion with my tutor which was helpful.

I do want to further the magical theme and atmosphere of my moving pictures, so I will go and have an explore and see if I can find some sounds or potentially even music which further this. Here are some starting ideas:
  • Use my phone and go out and record some sounds. 
  • Be experimental.
  • Little musical instruments?
  • Wind up?

How to Add sound to My after effects files:


As an MP3 or Wav, put file in the folder with all of your footage.
drag down and position it where you want to, and you can fade in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment