Friday 13 May 2016

Analysis of Current Shark Educational Illustrations

Analysis of Current Shark Educational Illustrations


These are by an illustrator called Sheri Amsel. They are nice enough, but in some cases I don't think her form is all that accurate - particularly with the Whale Shark. They are informative and education, but come across as quite dry with their uniform shapes and even monotonous gradients.  I do not think that illustrations such as these would be all that visually appealing to the average child, and almost definitely not adult.

This can also be seen by the works of Aiden Martin.

These images are function and seem scientifically accurate, which is good and means they are fulfilling their purpose, but I want to get people excited about sharks - and I think one of the ways that I can do this as an illustrator is to produce a more dynamic, beautiful and visually engaging version of scientific shark illustrations!





No comments:

Post a Comment