Wednesday 18 May 2016

Revised 10th Shark Print


I already have 9 prints at A2, But I decided to re work this image so that I could have it as an optional ext rat to make my current prints a set of 10. After reviewing my other prints I aimed to capitalise on the strong elements of those, which were: The use of diagram tic and informative handwriting text, and textural shark skin, with a bit of refinement added in with a layer of ink pen detail.


It is now just about ready to print. Overall I still find this image too complex in terms of the way the shark has been painted, I ended up doing a lot of the adding and editing in photoshop and this never looks as good as when I practice and refine my drawings in my sketchbook, and keep my end photoshop image much closer to the original. This one is diagrammatic so it will be more of an interesting composition at least within my set. And I have worked to improve the sharks marking so that they are more accurate (Her body is still a little too dark.)

So now I have a set of ten prints that are A2, and can work together as nice little body. I was thinking however, that just making these prints as a resolution to this module could be bettered upon. My initial aims have always been to inspire and excite people (wider audience) to find these creatures beautiful and amazing. (And then they can potentially take a further interest in them in terms of conservation, and learning a bit more about all of the problems we are creating for sharks OR they can just reconsider sharks as well designed, clever creatures.) So I now propose this set as being one that can be lent to any possible exhibition space, be that a cafe, museum, or even aquarium, so that people can see them and enjoy some beautiful shark prints, and potentially be inspired to take more of an interest - to go alongside them will be a message saying something simple like 'To learn more about sharks go to, www.sharkstrust.org.' or maybe 'to learn more about the illustrator or the sharks'.


Development of handwriting and example of prints mocked up together:





This is quite basic and I am not that happy with the text, I find it a bit too brash compared to some of the spindly writing of my prints. However it is important that it is legible and somewhat dynamic, and so for these purposes I think this will be appropriate.





No comments:

Post a Comment